Storing Images for use by Custom Controls

BNig bernd.niggemann at uni-wh.de
Wed Jul 25 08:22:01 EDT 2018

Hi Simon,

I think the easiest way would be to copy the images your custom control uses
to the custom controls.
then add this code to the group (it is for one button "bOne" and two images
"greenRound" and "redQMark"

on newGroup
   resolve image "redQMark" relative to button "bOne" of me
   if it is not empty then
      set the hilitedIcon of button "bOne" to the short id of it
   end if
   resolve image "greenRound" relative to button "bOne" of me
   if it is not empty then
      set the icon of button "bOne" to the short id of it
   end if
end newGroup

"NewGroup" is a message that the custom control gets when you paste it.
That way the custom control is self contained and when you paste it into a
new stack it will assign the ids of the images to your buttons.

Kind regards
Bernd

That way they are contained in your custom control and the custom control
can be self contained, i.e. can be reused in a different stack.

Simon Knight via use-livecode wrote