Must have flexible row height for Datagrid Table

Tom Glod tom at makeshyft.com
Thu Jul 12 09:24:42 EDT 2018

Hi folks, thanks for all your input.   Just to be clear, I am not
re-creating a whole datagrid solution.  .... Trevors DG solution is so
awesome and flexible and works really great for so many things ... but its
awesomeness came at a cost.  For me I have very few things to think about
.... the biggest challenge will be the handler to handle off-screen drawing
and scrolling...but I have some good ideas there I hope.    I have
particular advantages in my case

1, the upcoming the AR Rendering improvements for nested groups
2. not using custom properties
3. no copying of data .... all read directly from variables
4. 3 or 4 columns per row max
5. <  8 - 10 controls max per row (only 1 or 2 text)
6. The dg sends a lot of messages and sets and gets a lot of properties in
order to be a general solution with all of its awesome features. No need
for that here..
7.it does not have to be a general solution applicable to other things.
just the content types present in my application.  It will work for other
things and other developers, but I don't have to build features for them to
be able to adapt it.

Cheers

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 7:42 AM, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode <