9.0.1 "Become An Android Developer"
brahma at hindu.org
Wed Jul 11 11:08:11 EDT 2018
["not a Livecode issue" -- I still think that a lesson on this in needed, and that it be maintained for each change required for us to develop on Android, and be detailed as much as possible}
OK, I tried by my best,
2) Clicked --> a whole lot of options appear. I don't know I am doing, so it is a fishing expedition...
3) I chose Android 8.0.0 (API 26); check the SDK Platform, uncheck the rest (TV, Wear, Pac, Google API, and Source for Android SDK)
4) install packages....(takes some time)
5) go to 9.0.1 rc1 preferences
6) install Android: recognized: jdk1.8.0_171.jdk
7) IDE Test: Yep... I see my device.
8) build for android.... it hangs on installing to device.
9) I have reboot Livecode
10) go to terminal...
Brahmanathaswamis-MacBook-Pro:platform-tools brahmanathaswami$ ./adb devices
List of devices attached
What am I missing?
Android devs should note
that you need to have SDK 8 or higher installed (the informative
notification dialog was a big help here.) I installed 7, 8, and 8.1 and
LC then allowed me to re-select the SDK in preferences, the phone showed
up in the Target menu, and I could do a test build.
More information about the use-livecode