[ANN] Release 9.0.1 RC-1

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jul 11 00:04:42 EDT 2018

William Prothero wrote:

 > On 07/09/2018 01:41 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
 >> Here (Los Angeles) the download is estimated to take three hours.
 >> Could this be a repeat of the CDN issue you'd corrected a few weeks
 >> ago?
 >
 > A speedy 6hrs estimated here in White Salmon, Washington.
 > Guess I’ll have to wait until later this evening.

Last time the CDN was doing selective regional throttling my workaround
was to log into a server in a very different area (one of my VPSes is in
New Jersey), use wget to download it there, and then download to my
local machine from my VPS.  Sure, it was a couple extra steps, but it
cut download time from hours to minutes.

If you have a remote VPS sufficiently far away may be worth trying until
Cloudflare sorts itself out.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems