9.01 RC-1 Standalone Builder

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Tue Jul 10 16:13:11 EDT 2018

[Responding to my memo which has too many typos]

With 9.0,  using it to build a standalone.

  1.  Making changes in  scripts.
  2.  Saving them
  3.  Having  "old versions" magically re-appear after building a standalone.

I never got around to finding a recipe. It was like:

standalone builder "caches" old scripts and "re-constitutes" them  over newly save scripts.

But it go so "bad" in 9.0 that I stopped development and went with 8.1.10

Now:  The PDF of Release Notes for 9.01.RC-1  gives the following "breaking change"

Does this now solve the above problem?

Till then, I'm back using Trevor method of keep a second instance of LC open for SA's
==========
Standalone Building

The standalone builder has always needed to close the stacks it builds for reasons pretty deeply
ingrained in the code. However this causes a few problems, for example:
values in script locals become empty
behaviors are broken when the parent script is on / in a stack which closes
As an attempt to improve this situation, the code that locks messages when closing and opening
stacks for standalone builds has been removed. This means that where previously mainstacks
would not receive openStack and closeStack messages during standalone build, they now do.
If this causes problems for your stack, you can exit from the handler if standalone building is in

progress:

on closeStack
if the mode of stack "revStandaloneProgress" > 0 then
exit closesStack
end if
end closeStack
LiveCode