Dropbox help 3 (OAuth app authorization flow?)

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Tue Jan 30 07:57:59 EST 2018

Hi Mike,

> Am 29.01.2018 um 21:11 schrieb Mike Kerner via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> What is failing on mobile or other machines?  Are you getting an error?

I can use MY accesstoken on MY machine, but that will not work on other machines.

On other machines I need to implement the "OAuth app authorization flow" of Dropbox
as described here: <https://www.dropbox.com/developers/reference/oauth-guide>

And I have no idea how that should look/be done in Livecode.

Can this be scripted completely or does the user really need to copy a token at Dropbox
and enter in my application? That is the part I really don't get...

> That reminds me, I have a more recent version of the LC dropbox library
> that does more complete error reporting.  If I remember correctly Monte is
> going to integrate this version in an upcoming LC but I don't remember when
> or if it's in 9 DP11
> Attach this as a substack.  The error reporting will be more descriptive:
> https://github.com/macMikey/LCDropboxLibrary

Best

Klaus

--