Dropbox help 3 (OAuth app authorization flow?)

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Mon Jan 29 14:39:20 EST 2018

Hi Mike,

> Am 29.01.2018 um 19:55 schrieb Mike Kerner via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> What specifically would you like to know, Klaus?
> use dropboxUpload to do an upload.

yes, sure, that works on my machine, but not on other user computers and/or
mobile devices!

Therefore my question for the "OAuth app authorization flow" of Dropbox
and how to implement this in Livecode.

> Check out Gerard's Dropbox API v2 stack for a stack you can use to play so
> you can understand what's going on.
> I don't think he has his own repo, so you can download it from mine:
> https://github.com/macMikey/dropboxapi_v2
> The api is slightly different than LC's library, because when Monte wrote
> LC's he made changes to Gerard's code to support things like asynchronous
> calls, but they map 1:1.
> Don't forget that unlike in the phx library, you have to add a slash on the
> front of all your paths in both Gerard's and LC's libraries.

yes, thanks, already been bitten by that one :-D

Thank you, will look at the above mentioned library!

> On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 12:25 PM, Klaus major-k via use-livecode <
>
>> Hi friends,
>>
>> OK, now I'm able to uplod files to my dropbox, but if I want to publish
>> the app,
>> I need to implement the "OAuth app authorization flow" of Dropbox into my
>> app!?
>>
>> The user will only be able to print to a PDF and then upload this PDF to
>> his Dropbox,
>> so nothing fancy, just upload a file to his dropbox.
>>
>> After reading teh Dropbox API docs, I have a basic understanding how this
>> works,
>> but have no idea how to practically implement this into Livecode.
>>
>> Any hints highly appreciated, thank you!

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major