Bug: in 8.18 Stable and 9 Dp11 legacy stack import

Lagi Pittas iphonelagi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 08:54:19 EST 2018

Hi Mark,

I have rethunked overnight and I'm not sure whether the stack was "sort of
corrupted" but working and  might have something to do with it. I am under
pressure with some deadlines till the middle of next week but I will take
out an older version of the stack that was not corrupted and see if that
has the same import problem - and get you a version with the problem as
well.

It might ...  heck - I just loaded  a very old version from last year into
lC9 and  the bold switches on and off ok ,  but It brought up a problem I
had with version 9 (maybe 8) before that had me stumped then  and now for a
good few minutes..

To recreate this "problem" created a new stack in 9 that is 1290 wide by
2048 (that wasn't the size of the stack which runs on different tablets and
phones and I automatically resize  but these sizes work to show the bug).

If you set the scalefactor  to 0.35 or 0.4 or 0.5 etc and its location is
more than a few 100 pixels from the left edge of the screen you can't drag
and drop any of the controls onto the card/stack in fact if I drop the
control onto the desktop it will then be placed on the card/stack. It gets
even more bizarre  if you have a second stack on the screen not even
selected but more to the left - the control that will not drop onto the
"selected stack" if when I drop it on the target stack will show up on the
other stack - in fact you can see it changing to the blue color. Even more
weird In fact when a control drops onto the stack it's not even  close to
where you placed it - this does not happen on the 6.xx series. In fact you
can drop controls on the stack by dropping them to the right of it ON THE
DESKTOP.

Anyway I've wasted a good couple of hours this morning "playing" but I will
get something together for next week and maybe a video as my ramblings are
probably incoherent.

Regards Lagi

On 25 January 2018 at 12:00, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode <