regex deconstructor

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Tue Jan 23 18:12:44 EST 2018

Hi Richard.

I found this site https://regexr.com when I was trying to make a regex
expression that I could use to find GLX calls I used in my stacks excluding
ones that I had already knew I used like glxAppSetProp, glxAppGetProp,
glxAppSetPref, glxAppGetPref.  This was to gauge what I would need to do to
transfer to Levure.

I think this may do some of the things need. As you mouse over parts of the
expression it will explain what it does.  You can also paste sample text to
test your expression on.

BTW Through several rounds of trial and error I came up with this.

(?!glx[Aa]pp_[Gg]et[Pp]ref\(.*\))(?!glx[Aa]pp_[Ss]et[Pp]ref\(.*\))(?!glx[Aa]pp_[Ss]et[Pp]rop\(.*\))(?!glx[Aa]pp_[Gg]et[Pp]rop\(.*\))(?!glx[Aa]pp_[Ss]etPref\b)(\bglx)

This found the the only other GLX handlers I was using were

  glxapp_savePrefs
  glxApp_updateAvailable

Now I have to figure out how to get change these to calls to Levure
equivalents.

Martin