OT - What linux do you recommend for older PCs?

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 09:08:38 EST 2018

If you can switch to the 4.15 kernel the screen issue may be fixed,
alternatively..
If you can get to a terminal screen with lubuntu, it looks like you can do
the following to fix the display problem.. (works for some, not all it
seems)

sudo nano /etc/default/grub

Simple editor 'nano' will open.
Add line
GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=text
at the end of file.

Save file and exit from nano.

issue command:

sudo update-grub

reboot.

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 6:00 AM, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <