OT - What linux do you recommend for older PCs?

hh hh at hyperhh.de
Tue Jan 23 05:39:29 EST 2018

Matthias,

sometimes I use a nearly identical netbook (for example when there is not enough
space for a modern laptop).

I had installed Lubuntu for several months. That *OS* is optimally suited for such
a netbook. But I removed it. Why?

The problem is LiveCode: The Linux version of LiveCode has essential bugs or missing
features (browser widget, video, sound). So I would recommend to install Windows 7
(and the Firefox browser).

I did it. Now LiveCode is working as it should.

Hermann

p.s. Lubuntu is also a good OS for Raspi 2/3 (running LiveCode 6.5.1 - raspi edition)