OT - What linux do you recommend for older PCs?

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Mon Jan 22 19:31:32 EST 2018

Hi,

so this goes to the Linux experts on this list.

I have here an old Asus EeePC 1000H which currently runs with Windows XP and which is not used very often.
It has an Intel Atom N270 CPU, 1GB ram and a 160GB harddisk.

What Linux OS do you recommend for this machine? Best would be, if it could be used also with Livecode.
I am planning to give it away to someone here in the neighbourhood who just want to use it for some writing and “Livecoding”.

What do you think?

Regards,
Matthias