Switcheroo

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 11:35:32 EST 2018

You aren't actually providing a line number.  Try this..

repeat with i = 1 to the number of lines in field "mm"
switch (line i of fld "mm" is empty)
   case true

   break
   case false

   break
end switch
end repeat

Though if you have a LOT of lines you'd be better off adjusting it to use
repeat for each and running a separate counter...

put 1 into tCounter
repeat for each line tLine in field "mm
     switch (tLine is empty)
           case true
               -- the line is empty, tcounter contains the number of the
line
           break
           case false
                -- the line is NOT empty, tcounter contains the number of
the line
           break
end switch
add 1 to tCounter -- increment to keep tCounter in sync with the line number
end repeat

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 9:09 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <