Roadmap: "Automated REST API wrapping"?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Wed Jan 17 07:10:57 EST 2018

On 2018-01-17 04:29, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
> Mike Kerner wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 9:40 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>>
>>> The LC Roadmap at <https://livecode.com/resources/roadmap/> includes
>>> under "Planned":
>>>
>>>   Automated REST API wrapping
>>>
>>> Sounds enticing.  What is it?
>>> And is there even a loose, no-I-won't-hold-you-to-it-but-just-curious
>>> target version?
>>
>> This was discussed at LCG but I'll get the month wrong - August?
>
> I could go hunt it down, but since we're here and for the benefit of
> those who may not have access to those for-fee-only sessions, could
> someone working on that offer at least a brief summary here?

This is referring to LiveCode Connect - which I did a prototype for in
an LCG2017 session...

Its currently pegged for 'completion' in Q2 this year for LC9.1, and
assuming things align, we will likely have at least one more talk on it
in LCG2018, if not two (although the latter two things, in particular,
are subject to change).

LC Connect uses Swagger/OpenAPI specs to generate script libraries which
wrap the APIs.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps