Problem pasting from Livecode to Mac Mail

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Sat Jan 13 11:49:32 EST 2018

The behaviour should be that if you put plaintext then only plaintext should be on the clipboard...

If you put styled text then plain and rtf should be on the clipboard... HTML maybe - but if that's the format causing the problem (and not rtf - which I think is the main Cocoa style interchange format) then that needs some thought.

A line in a field is a paragraph - you can put vertical tabs in a line to give you hard line breaks (i.e. BR in html). If other apps are interpreting this differently then that causes a 'roundtrip' issue for LiveCode.

Anyway, this is a result of the reworking of the clipboard we did early on in 8 (maybe late 7) - if you have the time to poke around and propose a patch on more than happy to help - it's been on my list to dig into for ages, but hasn't reached the top yet!

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

Sent from my iPhone