Using this list

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Thu Jan 11 18:17:15 EST 2018

On 01/11/2018 10:52 AM, Dan Friedman via use-livecode wrote:
>   I get the list as an eMail in my inbox.  If I want to reply, you click “Reply”.  Then you have to change the name of the eMail, then copy and paste the text from the thread you want to reply to, then you have to spend some time reformatting the text.  There must be a better way.

It sounds like you're receiving the digest version. That would cause all
of these difficulties.

I would suggest a better way is to just subscribe to receive individual
messages as they are posted and have your email client filter them to a
folder devoted to just this list's messages. Your client probably has a
facility to group the messages in threads, although between people who
are responding to a digest post, and people who are too lazy to start a
new thread when they post a new topic, this is a little hit or miss,
depending on whether your client looks at the message ID or the message
subject to sort the messages to threads. At any rate this is a better
solution and should allow you to simply hit reply and be done and of
course you can copy relevant text before you reply to save you time
editing the quoted text that accompanies your reply.

Good Luck,

Warren