Do widgets support introspection?

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Wed Jan 10 13:09:25 EST 2018

On 01/10/2018 09:56 AM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:

> Are you sure you didn't confuse 'source file' with 'manifest' - its
> dealing with no source file in extensions that commit sorts out (also
> why protected extensions need their docs extracted at build time -
> there's no source file in them for the IDE to poke).

Yes. I'm looking at the __fetchScriptLibraryData function, which
attempts to retrieve information from the api.lcdoc file if there's no
manifest.xml file present. The .lcdoc files for widgets are quite
different from those for the dictionary (and with good reason), and much
useful information in the xml file is not present in the lcdoc file. I'm
guessing that much needs to change for this to work as described.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com