Error while saving standalone 8 & 9

Paul Richards paul at smarttsoftware.co.uk
Tue Jan 9 11:46:06 EST 2018

Trying to save as standalone using LC 9.0 DP11, using a stack that had been perfectly fine throughout the 8 series.  Attempting to deploy to Android only (although similar errors appear trying to deploy to Windows only)

There was an error while saving the standalone application
91,2026,23
77,2026,23
456,2026,23
572,2026,23
241,2026,1,__LoadStackOnStartup
353,0,0,stack "c:/program files (x86)/Runrev/Livecode Indy 9.0 (dp11)/Toolset/libraries/revsblibrary.livecodescript"
573,2210,1,__LoadStackOnStartup
253,2110,1
490,2110,1
241,2104,1 revSbUpdateDeployParams
353,0,0,stack "c:/program files (x86)/Runrev/Livecode Indy 9.0 (dp11)/Toolset/libraries/revsblibrary.livecodescript"
573,806,1,revSBUpdateDeployParams

I have removed All Widgets that were installed in 8, so the only Widgets showing are the stock installed Livecode ones.  Out of desperation, I deleted ALL existing cards form the stack so that there was just 1 new blank card (in case a card was holding onto a widget) but I still get the same error.  (new stacks are all OK )

If I take the original stack and open in LC 8.x  and try to save as Standalone, I get an error saying "could not open module file" ?!

I have also tried to add the new Map Widget and save as Android, but I get yet another error; "Could not build R.Java"

I appear to be well and truly stuck now, so any help in troubleshooting this would be very much appreciated.