text encoding problem Mac to iOS?

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Sun Jan 7 07:01:33 EST 2018

Hallo Hermann,

> Am 06.01.2018 um 21:09 schrieb hh via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> I tested this as follows (what shows that all my presumptions are wrong):
>
> 1. Downloaded and installed in the IDE the default iOSFont SF from here
> ___https://developer.apple.com/fonts/
> 2. Set the font SF Text Regular for both the field and the dataGrid header
> 3. Wrote Text (incl. umlauts) directly into the field and directly into
> ___the contents of the header
>
> So clipboard effects and different default font settings are excluded.
>
> The effect remains exactly the same as you (Klaus) describe.
> For me it is now clear that this is a bug of the datagrid.
>
> p.s. Tested only in the simulator but the font is the same on real hardware.

thanks for testing!

I think I found the culprit:
In the Datagrid Library in the handler -> setprop dgColumnLabel [pColumn] pValue
Line 6094:
if the platform is "macos" then put "mac" into theColsA[pColumn]["encoding"]

If I change "mac" to "utf8", the header look fine in the simulator!
Did not test the windows encoding, but should surely also read "utf8"

Will file a but report later today.

Best

Klaus

--