text encoding problem Mac to iOS?

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Sat Jan 6 10:01:15 EST 2018

Hi friends,

please take a look at this screenshot:
<http://major-k.de/umlauts_in_simulator.jpg>
left: IDE
right: simulator

Maybe someone can explain what I am doing wrong, if at all?
Here is what I did:
1. I created a new stack (for iPhone 5)
2. I created an empty datagrid and entered some german umlauts
for the LABEL of the only column named "Col 1"
3. I created one field and copied/pasted that LABEL into the field
4. Saved the stack and run it in the simulator

5. I did NOT set any font for the stack, field and datagrid or any other prop!
6. But this is how it looks in the simulator and, as I was told, also on an actual devidce!?

I use LC 8.1.9 RC1 and Xcode 9.2, same with LC 9 DP11.

Thanks for any hints!

Best

Klaus
--