Visibility problem

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Fri Jan 5 15:18:27 EST 2018

I have a substack which is supposed to contain logging data. It’s got a single card and a single scrolling field. Being at an early stage of development, I have this bit of code to be sure it’s working:

put empty into fld "TheLog" of cd "Log" of stack "TheUninstallLog"

set the visible of stack "TheUninstallLog" to true

put the visible of stack "TheUninstallLog"

answer "We should see the log window now! Its visibility is" && (the vis of stack "TheUninstallLog")

Under the IDE, I do indeed see the stack, but in a standalone, I get the ‘answer’ output showing the visibility to be true, but it remains invisible.

What did I do wrong?

TIA

Graham