Go in Window (not working) Go in A window "working"

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Wed Jan 3 13:45:37 EST 2018

"Something is wrong"

This works on desktop,  but fails on iOS. Nothing happens at all. it stays on the same, open stack and does not navigate to/open the new stack declared in "go

  put the windowID of stack oStackName into tWindowID  # current open stack
  go to cardOrStackObject  in window tWindowID

# where "cardOrStackObject" is a string in the form of .e.g
# stack "gems  OR card 2 of stack "gems"  OR card "video" of stack surprise

Since I had made other changes since my last commit… I did commented out my new lines and used the old method and ran the stand alone again and it works

  -- put the windowID of stack oStackName into tWindowID  # current open stack

go  cardOrStackObject  # e.g   go "gems" (or this string)  go card 3 of "gems"
wait 100 milliseconds with messages
close stack oStackName
wait 100 milliseconds with messages

  --go to cardOrStackObject  in window tWindowID

# where we open the other, new stack first and *then* close the old one.

    On 2018-01-03 05:55, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode wrote:
    >Hmmm
    >how simple.
    >        go stack <path to stack> in window tID
    >needs to be added to the dictionary… as an example…
    >I did read the entry text description of the Window param, but missed
    >it, still..
    >lets see if this helps on Android.

    You don't need to indirect through the 'windowId'. You can do:

       go stack "NewStack" in window "OldStack"

    i.e. 'window' can either be a stack name, or 'the windowId' of an
    existing stack.

    Warmest Regards,

    Mark.

    P.S. If you could file a bug about the dictionary deficiency, that would
    be great!

    --
    Mark