[off] Apple to unify ios/macos apps next year

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Jan 2 14:52:40 EST 2018

Can't argue with you there. But many routers are capable of offloading their logs to a log server, and any Government Contractor or agency is likely to be doing so, as well as running IDS, so there's that.

I'm not saying our hackles shouldn't be raised, I'm simply proposing that if conclusive proof existed which undeniably indicted Kaspersky of this kind of activity, it would result in the demise of Kaspersky as a company, and Russia would lose a key source of Signals Intelligence.

What I would be more concerned about is not that there is current or past activity, but that there is a "button" that could be pushed to enable the clients to begin transmitting critical intelligence during a conflict, or even worse, to disable devices running their product. The software would have to be decompiled and the code examined to make that determination. I can't believe no one has thought to do so, and perhaps the warnings we are getting are the fruits of that kind of investigation.

Bob S