[off] Apple to unify ios/macos apps next year

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Tue Jan 2 12:46:28 EST 2018

I'm coming to this late, but it looks to me as if the list got into a
nightmare mode a bit prematurely. What the article actually talks about is a
way to create apps which can be used across 'desktop' and mobile operating
systems - specifically *not* about merging those operating systems.

In short, a very approximate way of describing the idea would be... LiveCode.

We code an app with a text field and a button; on the desktop our users click
the button with the mouse, on mobile they touch it. On desktop they click into
the field and start typing on their keyboard; on mobile they touch the field
and a soft keyboard appears. Apple are just trying to help the rest of the
developer community catch up with us.

Shouldn't we panic less? Or have I missed something?