send "keyUp" / "rawKeyUp" ?

hh hh at hyperhh.de
Wed Feb 28 04:19:11 EST 2018

If I understand correctly what you have in mind then you could
try the following.

Clicking the button will place one copy of numToCodepoint(M)
into both fld 1 and fld 2.
Type into the fields as usual, especially you can delete.
Typing outside the fields ("blind") will put one copy of
space&char into fld 1 and two copies of space&char into fld 2.

on mouseUp
 put 113 into M
 send "rawkeyDown M" to me
end mouseUp