send "keyUp" / "rawKeyUp" ?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 14:50:04 EST 2018

That looks like a good way to start (even though it is the wrong way round).

The next questions (now I'm on a roll, I'll keep rolling) are these:

1. How do I type a rawKey command?  I probably cannot.

2. If I have a script that runs type "q" how do I trap therawKeyDown and
the rawKeyUp codes
so I can get them into a field?

In terms of calibration all this will do is nothing as a stack that has
type "q"  is a script will
do just that regardless of the end-user's keyboard layout.

I just set my keyboard layout on my ancient iMac (10.7.5) to Bangla
(Bengali), which wouldn't know
a "q" to save its life.

My test stack still typed a "q" into my field.

I wonder what rawKeyDown and rawKeyUp the type command actually sent?

I have a fantasy that goes a bit like this:

Pseudocode

select after field "ff"
send "rawKeyUp[113]"

but LiveCode "doesn't love me" that much.

Richmond.