A little Levure-oriented question

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Thu Feb 22 13:11:39 EST 2018

Just read in Trevor’s reply to me - it’s Sublime Text. No, I’d never heard of it either. Myself, I have been happy editing with what comes with LC, which probably goes to show something a bit negative about me.

(Rant-style observation: I see really that what the whole Levure thing is doing is moving towards a more industrial-scale development context for LiveCode. This is great if you need it. In the past I worked on (for my sins, even tried to manage) software development projects with more than 50 participants. In those days we had pretty lousy tools for version control etc. I do appreciate that such things have moved on and are an essential part of modern team development. In the past, LC and its predecessors, including especially HyperCard, were conceived as one-man-band type of development tools, I think. There are still a lot of people like that out there, and I admit to being one. This is not to say we’re all hobbyists - some of us are certainly developing stuff that we believe will be seen as professional by paying users, but we do not operate in that industrial context. All development needs discipline, sure, but individual developers do have to consider the cost in labour of committing to a new and different way of doing things, IMHO. Rant ends)

Back to the grindstone.

Graham