Levure update 0.9.5

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Feb 19 09:09:53 EST 2018

Hi Graham,

1) You do not need to scriptify (move code into script only stacks) your
stacks to use them in Levure. Levure supports an organizational structure
(the `ui` folder in Levure) which makes it easy to organize binary stacks
that use script only stacks as behaviors.

2) You are not required to use Git in order to use Levure. Levure helps you
organize your code so that you can benefit from version control. It doesn’t
require it.

3) You can still benefit from using Levure if you don’t use script only
stacks or git yet. Levure provides a powerful packaging system for
packaging your apps for distribution. Helpers allow you to drop in
functionality that your app may need such as Prefernces, Inno Setup,
DropDMG, etc. (On a somewhat related note I’m currently updating SQL Yoga
to work as a helper which will simplify its usage considerably as all of
the configuration is done with YAML files.)

What I’ve done in the past when converting an app is move my stacks into
the appropriate Levure folders without worrying about scriptifying them. I
then move any app initialization code into the appropriate handlers in the
Levure `app.livecodescript` file.

Once the app is working again then I go back and scriptify stacks as
needed. Libraries that don’t use any internal custom properties are easy to
convert as are front and back scripts. You can then slowly go through each
folder in the `app/ui` folder and move the scripts into a `behavior` folder
that sits along each stack. No rush though.

—
Trevor DeVore

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 4:33 AM Graham Samuel via use-livecode <