Levure update 0.9.5

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Mon Feb 19 05:32:29 EST 2018

I have not tried to look at Levure until now, but since I am in difficulties trying to create a user-oriented update system (the kind that professionals use Sparkle for on Mac, and other techniques on other platforms), I have some hopes (from previous emails from Trevor) that Levure might help me. However, on first looking at the wiki, I think that what Levure needs is a big commitment to work in a specific way - a good way, bien sure, but not the way us primitive old coders have been doing for the last few decades. This means, if I am right (and I could so easily not be) that a ‘traditional’ app development, where stacks contain code in various forms, could not be retrofitted to the Levure environment. Rather, one would have to start from scratch, or at the very least do a great deal of restructuring of such an existing app, so that pretty much all the code is script-only. Plus of course learning the philosophy of Levure, and feeling comfortable with Github...

Can anyone comment on this enough to clear my head a little?

TIA

Graham
(A very old coder, who in his twilight years is trying to stick purely to LC rather than try to recycle his misspent youth, where several now extinct low- and high-level languages had to be mastered).