Livecode.com server down

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 16:35:44 EST 2018

I have problems with mu ISP about once every 4 or 5 months:

It is NEVER their fault: it's because I use Linux, because I use
FreeDOS, because I use Macintosh,
because I am "stupid" enough not to use Windows; it's because I have 2
computers within 3 feet of
each other, it's because my hair is orange (OK, OK, I made that one up).

This IS the way the world goes round these days: nobody will accept
responisibility for their
mistakes.

After loads of "kicking" my ISP generally send someone round to look at
my cable modem:
these are always men who "go all funny" because they have to ask me how
to use Firefox or Safari
to get to the "innards" of either my modem or my switch.

One said to me, just before the New Year; "You wouldn't have these
problems if you used Windows".

Which is palpable 'Bollo': the sneering tone didn't help much.

The bloke tried to wiggle his way out of things even more when my wife
pointed out
that our 2 Android ARM phones and my Android Intel tablet couldn't pick
up a wifi
signal either.

Of course the above has got NOTHING to do with LiveCode: heaven forfend
that anyone
suggest that they are capable of being rude or otherwise . . .

Richmond.