Livecode.com server down

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Thu Feb 15 16:15:44 EST 2018

On 02/15/2018 09:28 AM, Heather Laine via use-livecode wrote:
> Did you check your account to see if it was available? The server was not down last night for more than about 60 seconds (as I well know, being awake for large portions of it). The message you saw sounds like the standard could not contact server message, meaning you need an offline license file. It doesn't mean the server is down. If you were installing a version older than 6.0 you will always get this message and always require an offline file. For info on how to do it:
>
> http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4072/l/20027-how-do-i-manually-activate-livecode <http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4072/l/20027-how-do-i-manually-activate-livecode>

Thanks for the patronizing tone, Heather.

"check your account"? The web sites were down for several hours.
Yes, that message was after online activation didn't work and I then
couldn't generate an offline license because *the web sites were down*.
And this was installing a new copy of 9.0dp11. I finally copied a
license file from another machine and put it into place.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com