Getting current line number of a table field.

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 15:30:01 EST 2018

Found an interesting behavior.. I was trying to set up a custom control
that keeps track of the current row and column and put the script in the
group, but rawkeyup or rawkeydown messages never reach the group.  I'm
wondering if its because the message is sent to the figmentary popup field
rather than the table field, and that the popup is not part of the group.
But "the target" refers to the table field itself, so i'm not sure thats
whats happening.  Either way.. The following script works when put into a
card or stack, NOT group, and not in the table field itself.  Kinda freaky
that the message is sent, just not to where I expect, despite "the target"
still pointing back at the table field.

on mouseup
   getline
   pass mouseup
end mouseup
on rawkeyup
   getline
   pass rawkeyup
end rawkeyup

command getline
   if the short name of the focusedobject contains "revCell-" then
   put the short name of the focusedobject into tName
   replace "revCell-" with empty in tname
   set the cCol of the target to item 1 of tName
   set the cRow of the target to item 2 of tName
   end if
end getline