updating LC on Windows breaks SDK path

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 00:24:25 EST 2018

A previously working setup for Android development on Windows has suddenly
stopped working. Again!

Twice this has happened. First, back in January, when updating from 8.1.0
to 8.1.8, and now this morning, from 8.1.8 to 8.1.9.

First sign of a problem is I can't point LC 8.1.9 after installation to the
same SDK path that worked fine with LC 8.1.8. The newer LC says it's
invalid.

So, I try to continue my Android work by going back to LC 8.1.8. But I
can't! Because the SDK path there has been erased from Preferences > Mobile.

Why was it erased? It had been working fine for months?!?

Finally, I try to re-enter the EXACT SAME SDK path into LC 8.1.8 -- a path
that I made sure to copy down in a txt file beforehand -- but LC tells me
it's now invalid.

How can a previously working SDK (and JDK) path suddenly be invalid?
Nothing in my Windows setup has changed between 9AM and 12PM.

BTW, on my Mac setup, no problem. I likewise updated to LC8.1.9 this
morning. And though the license can't be activated -- the forums are down
too so maybe there's a server problem at livecode.com -- at least I can
continue my Android work on my Mac because, in LC8.1.8, the SDK path wasn't
erased.

But maybe it will be after activation?!?!?!

Anyway, while I await this magically resolving itself like it did with the
8.1.0 to 8.1.8 change, I thought I'd post here and see if someone can help.

Thanks.

--
Nicolas Cueto