discrepancy between official device metric and LC stack size

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Feb 2 03:53:10 EST 2018

On 1/31/18 5:23 PM, Nicolas Cueto via use-livecode wrote:
> I test my mobile stacks on a Nexus 5, and, in portrait orientation, many
> bottom pixels are offscreen, even though for width and height I follow
> exactly the numbers given in dp at the website Device Metrics
> <https://material.io/devices/> .
>
> Why is it cut off? And how can I avoid this? Is there an LC keyword, like
> "effective" or "working", that I should be including.... if so, how?

Probably the area occupied by the status bar is pushing the stack down.
Get "the working screenrect" to find out the actual screen dimensions
your stack can use.

Since every Android device is different, it's usually easier to set the
fullscreenMode to "showAll" and let the LC engine adjust the size.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com