Musings on Architect, MVC, Nested Behaviors

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Dec 29 13:52:11 EST 2018

Mark Wieder wrote:
 > On 12/29/18 10:27 AM, Alex Tweedly via use-livecode wrote:
 >
 >> Could breakpoints also go in an LSON file ? Is there a way that a
 >> script can set breakpoints into a script? (i.e. not insert eh command
 >> into the script, but set a dynamic breakpoint like are stored in a
 >> binary-stack) ?
 >
 > There is indeed. 'The breakpoints' is the list of the currently active
 > breakpoints, and you can manipulate that list in memory as needed.
 > It's a cr-separated list of long id,line number.

^ this

Everything in xTalks are objects with properties, and very few of those
properties are read-only.

A good reminder that LC is one of only two IDEs I've ever seen in the
xTalk world (the other being Gain Momentum) in which everything we
interact with is made in the scripting language itself.

So when you see a Script Editor that can set breakpoints, you can trust
that's using a property that can be set from script.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems