Image Remove Perimeter White Space

hh hh at hyperhh.de
Wed Dec 26 18:49:16 EST 2018

> Ralph D.wrote
> I am downloading various images from a customer with
> varying unpredictable amount of white space around the
> image. I want to make the visible center portion images
> the same size.

Assuming the white space around is symmetric, at least proportional
to width and height, you could compute your "visible center portion"
based on the loc of the image. Then use the crop command.

The only difficulty with crop is to set the rectangle correctly. For
this, setting the topleft of the image to (0,0) is helpful for me.

For visible cropping you could wait for my cropTool that is able
to crop solid color background (with selectable tolerance). It's
coming in January 2019 (as a new years gift for the community) and
already done, needs only more help and some "beautifying".