[ANN] bnGuides alignment tool on ivecodeshare

Niggemann, Bernd Bernd.Niggemann at uni-wh.de
Thu Dec 20 13:10:44 EST 2018

Thanks Tom, Matthias,

glad you like "bnGuides"

>Bob Sneidar via use-livecode<https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=use-livecode@lists.runrev.com&q=from:%22Bob+Sneidar+via+use%5C-livecode%22> Thu, 20 Dec 2018 07:53:51 -0800<https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=use-livecode@lists.runrev.com&q=date:20181220>

>Cool. Now I haven't tried it yet, but what would REALLY be cool is if it
>aligned a group based upon the contents of another group. That may be asking
>too much though.

>The way Illustrator goes about it is it tracks all points, then indicates
>whenever points align. Not sure how you did it though.

Thanks Bob,

Actually coming to think of it it would be easiest for you to just try "bnGuides".

When dealing with groups try with "Select Grouped" turned on and off. When turned on select the members of the group and click one control as the leading control.

When "Select Grouped" is turned off just select the group and drag it around and see how it deals with the members of the other group.

Note, the datagrid is just one group, the elements of the datagrid are not scanned.

for your convenience

http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/918/BnGuides

or from "user samples" from within LC

Kind regards