Datagrid error...

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Tue Dec 18 08:48:29 EST 2018

On 12/18/2018 8:03 AM, Curry Kenworthy via use-livecode wrote:

> A lot of pain can be avoided, and more responsive interfaces achieved,
> by using data grids ONLY when necessary.
>
> Sometimes they are necessary...but usually not.

True. In this case, I need a table view of a bunch of data. The columns
must be sortable and resizable (a datagrid does this for me) and the
textual content of the cells must wrap (so that rules out a single field
object set as a table field) and at least 1 column may contain text
(wrapped in the columns field) or an image or  even html text with
embedded images. Thus the only existing LiveCode widget or object that
does this is a Datagrid.

I really do wish someone would deliver a really reliable table object
for LiveCode that supported an htmlText property for each cell and each
cell could be wrapped or not that also handled sorting and resizing,
including auto-sizing column widths and row heights to fit the content!