Stumped on Datagrid Problem

Tom Glod tom at makeshyft.com
Mon Dec 17 21:09:12 EST 2018

Hi Bob,

Gotta love making custom solutions.  Yes, adding tables.  In memory
database is pretty genius bob.... currently I feed my datagrid from an
array.

I am not sure of the line at which a database becomes faster than repeat
with &  LiveCode array and a sort function.

maybe thats a good test to run someday.

If my users complain that it is too slow then i will work to improve that.

but for now with 10,000 records...... smooth as butter...and great
performance even on my rather slow pc.

i also use other tricks to really minimize rendering of text....to only
what is visible.......(large text field rendering = slow asf)

I look forward to putting this up on Github for everyone.

Thanks Bob for engaging this

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 7:06 PM Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <