HTMLtoIMAGE_v100

hh hh at hyperhh.de
Mon Dec 17 13:13:13 EST 2018

> Bob S. wrote:
> I tried this on a copier web portal. It produced a 0 kbyte file with no image.

So the imagedata of the canvas was empty.
Thus a pdf created from the DOM will also not work with such pages.
It will have to rely on the print-layout of the portal: Can you print it
correctly from a desktop browser?

What we could try is to scroll the widget down in appropriate pieces and make
ordinary LC-snapshots from it.

This is from the html2canvas library docs:

Limitations
All the images that the script uses need to reside under the same origin for
it to be able to read them without the assistance of a proxy. Similarly, if
you have other canvas elements on the page, which have been tainted with
cross-origin content, they will become dirty and no longer readable by
html2canvas.
The script doesn't render plugin content such as Flash or Java applets.

Portals (and livecode.com) use often WordPress or similar with lots of plugins...