Seeking OSX Code signing consultant...

Knapp Martin martyknappster at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 12:56:05 EST 2018

In my experience, it’s easy to make a mess of your certificates from Apple. Then, if you’re like me, you finally get it set up but when you need to renew them a few years later you’ve forgotten what you did the last time to get it right (or is that just me?).

I’d like to give a plug here for Trevor’s “Levure” framework. It has the ability to code sign your Mac apps. You just need to give it your certificate name. I had used Trevor’s GLX framework for many years and was a little concerned about switching to Levure. While I did have to unlearn a few things (assumptions from my GLX experience) it was easier to make the switch than I though it would be. Now that I've been using it for a while I will say that it’s absolutely great. And Trevor is wonderful about answering question (in the forums). My favorite feature is the incorporation of the Sparkle framework to give your apps a very professional means of updating your apps. And while it’s configured to handle version control/script only stacks that is not necessary if, like me, you don’t need those features. Plus, there is no cost! A big thank you to Trevor.

Marty