Xcode for El Capitan

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Sun Dec 9 10:49:53 EST 2018

Hi Paul,

If your company had been doing at least a Time Machine backup you wouldn’t
have had "the Mavericks box crashed really really hard - completely unrecoverable.”
Make sure you are backing up all of your computers from now on so you
don’t have that experience again.

The Apple Developer site is pretty inadequate even for Apple Developers.
I think the problem is that they write from the standpoint as they understand
things, and they fail to write it for someone who might be encountering the
information for the first time.  They should have new people evaluate their
site whenever possible, but they don’t do that for some reason.  They should
also provide videos on their various subjects, but they don’t do that either.

Fortunately, there are some nice youtube.com <http://youtube.com/> videos that others have
made that can help out.  Unfortunately some of them are outdated or
are not of sufficient screen quality that one can determine what they
are doing.

You will have to wade through the mess like the rest of us.  It takes a
lot of extra patience and too much extra time before success happens.
Hopefully someone will come up with some better instructions and
videos some day.

Good luck, and hopefully some others on this list can point you to
some better resources.

Rick