Missing function selectedWords/selectedTrueWords

Tore Nilsen tore.nilsen at me.com
Fri Aug 31 15:33:39 EDT 2018

Microsoft Word seems to behave the way you suggest, in the sense that if any given text style is present among the words in the selection then it is removed. Pages behaves differently. If a given text style is true for some of the words in the selection, Pages will initially keep this style for these words and add it to the styles of the rest of the chunk. If a given text style is true/false for all words in the selection, Pages will set the text style to false/true accordingly. To mimic these behaviours it would be useful to be able to do so on a word by word basis.

An alternative way to handle this could be that the textStyles function returned an numeric array with the number of the words as key and the text styles for the words as value.

Best Regards,
Tore