Deleting a char inside a textField via code

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Fri Aug 31 14:30:40 EDT 2018

If you want to delete the last characters by script, why not something like:

delete last char of fld X

Or a more complex version might be

put the selectedChunk into tWhere
put word 2 of tWhere into tStart -- staring char position of the cursor
put word 4 of tWhere into tEnd -- ending char position of the cursor
if tStart > tEnd then -- just an insertion point
  delete char tEnd of field X -- delete the character just before the
insertion point
else -- some field content is selected, so
  delete char tStart to tEnd of fld X -- delete the selected field content
end if

I did this from memory, so check the dictionary for the exact
expressions returned by the selectedChunk function.,