Datagrid substack question

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 03:31:39 EDT 2018

Marty,

You have to change the row template property of your datagrid to point it
to the template group located in your renamed substack.

set the dgProps["row template"] of grp "myDatagrid" to the long id of grp
"myGrpTemplate" of cd "myCardTemplate" of stack "myTemplateStack"

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 2:40 AM Knapp Martin via use-livecode <

> I'm developing an app that has a half dozen template stacks that users can
> edit. These each have a datagrid. I made a "master" template stack with the
> common features and then cloned this stack and modified the clones for that
> stack's specific features. But as the datagrid created a substack and each
> has the same name in the individual stacks, I get the dreaded "a stack by
> this name is already open" when I close one stack and open the next. I set
> the "purge stack on close" to true but I still get the message occasionally
> (which makes no sense). So I thought I would change the name of the
> datagrid sub stack to a unique name in each stack but that breaks the
> connection to the actual datagrid and causes errors. Any advice on what I
> should do?
>
> Marty

Zryip TheSlug
http://www.aslugontheroad.com