LC displaying colors incorrectly in macOS 10.13

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Sun Aug 26 02:34:15 EDT 2018

> On 26 Aug 2018, at 1:14 pm, Trevor DeVore via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> 1. Create new stack.
> 2. `import snapshot` and select something on your screen with a blue in it.
> I used a Messages chat window.
> 3. Use digital color meter to check color of blue in actual window vs
> snapshot. The snapshot is off.
>
> Actual: 58,133,241
> Imported LC snapshot:  83,141,233

Hmm… I wonder if this is some kind of compounding of the same issue? As the snapshot captures with the incorrect color profile and then the imported snapshot is also impacted by the incorrect color profile. In your original example stack I imported a snapshot of the blue square and I get 60,153,240 on the original and 66,155,137 on the snapshot. Again if I choose the sRGB profile both the original and a new snapshot report the correct color for the graphic of 53,151,243 while the snapshot I took with the default profile now reports 60,153,240.

Cheers

Monte