Android permissions

Andrew Ferguson andrewferguson500 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 18:46:36 EDT 2018

That's good to hear. I was worried it might either be a design decision
or a technical limitation. Is there an open bug/enhancement report I can
subscribe to to be notified of progress on this (and if not, should I
open one)?

It also might be nice (and apologies if this already exists) to have a
function of some sort called the givenPermissions or something similar,
that lists all the permissions that have been granted. A similar
function, say the blockedPermissions could maybe list ones that have
been asked before but not granted. Or even just have the
blockedPermissions, which would be checked by the app when using a
device feature. If that feature has been explicitly blocked by the user,
do something else, otherwise use the feature as intended and let the
underlying system deal with permission requests.

Just a thought, really. I couldn't see "androidRequestPermission" in the
dictionary so I am not sure what is/isn't available at the moment.