Android permissions

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Aug 24 16:21:35 EDT 2018

I was happy to see the new functions for working with Android
permissions. The release notes say:

"Apps built with LC 9.0.1 do support this new permissions model, and
request permissions automatically when the app actually requires the
services or data protected by the services."

It sounds like the permissions dialog will happen without any scripting.
Does this mean the associated commands aren't usually necessary? When
would I need to use AndroidRequestPermission()? Also, should I check a
permission before every usage to be sure it's enabled? Or do I get an
error message?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com