editing & combining sound files?

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 01:52:42 EDT 2018

Well, maybe some day I'll put the time in to study Geoff's and Tom's
solutions. But, for future reference, below is my easier-for-me solution.

First, use a sound-editor (Goldwave) to convert all AU files to RAW (i.e.,
snd).

Second, run this LC script to merge those converted files (interleaved with
silence) into a new .snd file:

 put URL "binfile:C:/the_path/faster/{file ID}.snd" into tNewSnd
 put URL "binfile:C:/the_path/1_sec_silence.snd" after tNewSnd
 put URL "binfile:C:/the_path/slow/{file ID}.snd" after tNewSnd
 put tNewSnd into URL  "binfile:C:/the_path/CD/{file ID}.snd"

Third, use the sound-editor again, this time to convert those new .snd
files into .mp3.

That's it. But if someone wants to post exact details of how to LC script
what Geoff suggests, i.e., stripping headers from an .au (or any!) sound
file type, I'm still all ears.

Cheers.

--
Nicolas Cueto

On 23 August 2018 at 13:40, Tom Glod via use-livecode <