fullscreenmode and rect of a substack on mobile device ?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Aug 21 15:19:57 EDT 2018

On 8/21/18 1:26 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
> Jim Lambert wrote:
>
>  > A shootout between FSM vs. scripted resizing might make a good LC
>  > Global presentation.
>  > The pros and cons of each. Cases where one may be better than the
>  > other. Etc.
>  > Examples.
>
> I touched on it in my LCG talk on UX in October last year.

I devoted a lot of my hour to it in my Android Tips talk last year too.
But yeah, maybe you and I could team up and do a one-on-one debate.
Someone could set up a rope ring and we could wear boxing gloves. :)

For the onlookers: Richard and I have been friends forever, but I bet we
could fake it.

> The stretch-or-gap solution FSM provides can be an excellent fit for those

That's where I think you're missing something. Those aren't the only
options. Nobody uses stretch (not even Monument Valley) due to the
distortion. But you aren't limited to seeing gaps, there are ways to
avoid that. That's what my talk covered. The result is closer to what
you describe with manual resizing. No gaps, and use of the edges around
the stack.

I do agree we should use whatever method is best for our needs, so we're
in sync there. But I think you are doing way more work than you need to.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com